This recipe is an adaptation of an original supplied by Baseline Lifestyle. A great clean and wholesome winter warmer.
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
50g Curly Kale
10 g/1 Red Chilli
1 large, White Onion
2 cube Yeast Free Vegetable Stock Cubes
1 tsp Coconut Oil
1 tin Chickpeas In Water
2 clove Garlic
150g Red Lentils (Dried)
200g White-Fleshed Sweet Potato
- Heat the Coconut Oil in a large pan on a medium heat
- When the Coconut Oil is hot add the Cumin Seeds. Heat for approx 1 min
- Finely chop the Garlic and Onion and add to the pan. Stir
- When the Onion is translucent, finely chop the Red Chilli and Ginger and add to the pan. Stir
- Add the Vegetable Stock Cubes to 500mls of boiling water and add to the pan. Stir
- Wash the Red Lentils and add to the pan and cover
- Once the Red Lentils are soft – using a hand blender – blend the contents of the pan until the preferred consistency – I like mine smooth
- Peel and chop the Plantain and White Fleshed Sweet Potatoes into cubes and add to the pan. Stir
- Drain the Chickpeas and add to the pan. Stir
- Wash the Kale, removing the fibrous stems if preferred and add to the pan. Stir and cover
- Simmer until the Sweet Potatoes are tender and serve piping hot alone or as pictured.
Try adding chicken or king prawns for an extra protein kick!