So we are in the midst of lurgey season so what better than a great comfort food recipe as an alternative to traditional oats. Try out this Koko Quinoa Porridge as a great addition to duvet day
2 very large servings!
Amount per serving
- 100g Quinoa (Keen-wah)
- 400ml Koko Coconut milk
- Half a Lemon zest
- 2 pieces Cinnamon Bark
- Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Rinse the Quinoa
- Add the Quinoa, Koko Coconut Milk and cinnamon bark to a pan over a medium heat
- Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa begins to resemble porridge
- Grate in the zest of half a lemon and add the Blueberries. Fold into the mixture – if you prefer, serve the blueberries on top as pictured
- Serve immediately sprinkled with the cinnamon
- Add a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey to taste if you have a particularly sweet tooth!